Specialized Allez Elite Road Bike
As you may or may not know, I love road cycling. I remember when I was 9 years old and I went on a 50km ride to Etobikoe from North York. I really got into it in the summer before Grade 11, when I purchased this road bike and did over 2500km in 3 months!
This road bike is an entry level bike, coming in at around $1300 CAD. The bike has a carbon fork, Shimano Tiagra 10-speed with 50/34T chain rings, 10-28 cassette and comes in at 21lbs.
VDO M6 Cycling Computer
The VDO M6 cycling computer doesn’t use GPS, instead it uses a wireless receiver that you place on the fork and on a spoke along the front-wheel.
- Heart rate using the chest-strap
- Cadence (rotation frequency for pedaling)
- Trip distance, overall distance
- Speedometer including current, average and maximum speed
- Barometer with current elevation, slope, average incline and maximum
- Temperature and clock
- Charts for heart rate, cadence, speed and elevation
Similar to the Garmin, though more limited, you can customize your screen views depending on how you enable/disable the different sensors.